Friday, April 14, 2017

A message from Danny Muskrat, candidate for Mount Pleasant City Council Place 2


Service. Passion. Family.

I have enjoyed serving Mt. Pleasant through several organizations as a resident of this city for many years. While I currently serve in many organizations like MPISD Foundation, Rotary Club, and various others, my wife Sara and I are most passionate about serving our community at Center Church in downtown Mt. Pleasant which we helped start a couple of years ago. We serve on the senior leadership team, and Sara serves as children’s leader. Prior to that, we served at First Baptist Church for many years where I was a deacon, Sunday school teacher, choir member, and finance committee member. It was at FBC where we received a lot of encouragement and support to follow God’s calling to start a church downtown and reach new people.

Many of my friends and colleagues have seen my level of dedication and commitment, and for several years have asked me to take this next step in running for City Council. Two of my three children were born here, my wife and I both work here, and I want to ensure that all residents of Mt. Pleasant have the best opportunities for work, education, and city prosperity in the future.

When I'm not serving the community or at work, I enjoy spending time with my family. Sara and I have been married for nearly 17 years. Luke is 11 (5th grade), Claire is 9 (3rd grade), and Ben is 7 (1st grade).

No comments:

Post a Comment