Monday, May 8, 2017

Muskrat easily ousts Hensel from City Council


Danny Muskrat decisively defeated incumbent Erman Hensel in the Place 2 Mount Pleasant City Council race on Saturday, May 6.

The final (but still unofficial) results are as follows:

Muskrat - 297 (61%)
Hensel - 166 (34%)
Anderson - 25 (5%)



Hensel served ten terms on the council, going back to 1987.


After the election, Muskat said "I thanked Mount Pleasant on Saturday night, but I need to give a special thanks to Team Muskrat headed up by Sara Muskrat. These guys deserve an incredible amount of credit for putting up with all of my campaign endeavors for the past threemonths.

You’re looking at my flyer folding and envelope stuffing team, my photo subjects (a pretty wife and cute kids always sell), my sign placement engineers, and my film crew for the campaign videos we made. Let’s not get into the patience they required with all my time responding to comments and messages on Facebook, texts, or e-mail.

"I continually asked for advice from Sara on photos, posts, print layouts, videos, and I could not have done this without her. Holding down the fort when I had campaign duties was also a regular occurrence. Thank you, baby, for all your patience, love, encouragement, and support.

"My kids are rock stars too, and I could not have done this without their efforts and enthusiasm. I had a lot of other great supporters out there who proudly displayed signs in their yards, talked to voters, wrote and shared Facebook posts, and helped me with sign placements. You know who you are – THANK YOU! As I continue to serve Mount Pleasant in this new role, I promise to give it my very best."

1 comment: